Activities related to ICT capacity building and opportunities for young farmers and agro-entrepreneurs include:
- Youth and Green Jobs (FIJEV) project, in collaboration with the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie (International Organisation of La Francophonie). Project activities included an online exchange, the co-organisation of an international conference on youth and green jobs in Niger, and providing grants to selected small green entrepreneurial initiatives.
Read more at: http://ardyis.cta.int/fijev/
- CTA supports several youth projects in various ACP regions following the call for proposals on: Advancing youth agricultural entrepreneurship and ICT innovations to boost climate-resilient food value chains.
You can read more about this here: Youth Call for Proposals and on the ARDYIS website.
- A regional agribusiness online television channel – WebTV launched in 2016 in francophone Africa, supported by CTA. This WebTV promotes youth agribusiness in French-speaking African countries.
- A project supporting capacity building in climate smart agriculture and agribusiness will be launched in 2016 in Zambia targeting 300 young farmers, in collaboration with Development Aid from People by People.
- A virtual agribusiness incubation platform supporting Caribbean young agro-entrepreneurs will be launched in 2016, in collaboration with Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA).
More information http://goo.gl/xYnnzS
Past key activities
- ARDYIS Essay Writing Competition
- SOFIA Project: Training of Trainers on Web 2.0 for Agri-Marketing
- ICT for Agriculture Entrepreneurship workshop, Ethiopia 2011
- Emerging Voices in ICT and Agriculture, CTA, 2012. Printed in English and French. Available online at: http://ardyis.cta.int/fr/ressources/publications-cles/item/download/68
- Youth and Agriculture: Key Challenges and Concrete Solutions, CTA, FAO, IFAD, 2014. Printed in English, French, and Spanish, available online at: http://www.cta.int/images/publications/youth_and_agriculture_web_EN_1.9.pdf
- Enhancing Young Women’s engagement in ICT and Agriculture: e-debate report, CTA, AYF, 2014 (working document, available at http://ardyis.cta.int/en/activities/others/item/download/104)
- Youth sustaining family farming through ICTs, CTA, AYF, 2014 (working document, available at: http://www.cta.int/images/Final_e_debate_report_youth_family_farming_ICTs.pdf)
- ICT4Ag Entrepreneurship Guide, CTA, upcoming
- Innovate for Agriculture, CTA, upcoming
- Infographic: detailing interesting statistics about ARDYIS as found by external evaluators, available at: http://ardyis.cta.int/images/stories/ardyis%20infographic%20low%20reso_final.png
- WSIS Prize 2015: The WSIS Project Prizes recognises the efforts of stakeholders for their added value to society and commitment towards achieving the United Nations’ World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) goals. ARDYIS won the e-agriculture category following a round of online voting and a review by a panel of experts of the three projects receiving the most votes.
Read more at: http://www.cta.int/en/article/2015-05-26/cta-wins-international-prize-for-youth-and-icts-project.html.
ARDYIS main partners and advisory committee are:
Caribbean Farmers Network (CAFAN)
African Network for Agriculture, Agroforestry, and Natural Resource Education (ANAFE)
African Youth Foundation (AYF)
The Pacific Agriculture and Forestry Policy Network (PAFPNet)
The Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA)
Read more on these activities on the ARDYIS website