This activity provides spaces (through the ARDYIS project’s online communication platforms) for general information, communication, documentation and knowledge sharing.
It documents and promotes youth innovations and facilitates youth projects.
The following endeavours fall under this activity:
- Hosting and moderating various e-discussions. See the following link for more information: https://ardyis.cta.int/e-discussions/
- Maintaining close links with the project community through social media:
- Organising the Youth Blogging Competition (YoBloCo) awards. The YoBloCo initiative aims to stimulate youth participation in agriculture by rewarding young people behind well-written agricultural blogs with exposure and cash prizes. This invites young people to enter the spotlight and present agricultural issues to their peers. Find out more about the YoBloCo awards here: http://www.yobloco.info/
- Organising and providing online and on-site social reporting coverage of international agricultural events.
More about social reporting here: http://ardyis.cta.int/social-reporting
- The ARDYIS Facebook page has 5,000 followers, including more than 4,000 young people, from more than 40 countries. Followers benefit from information exchange and dissemination of agriculture opportunities and information about ICT for agriculture issues.
- An external evaluation in 2015 found that 80% of participants in ARDYIS activities declared that their professional opportunities had increased and 80% of participants considered that CTA, through ARDYIS, has been undertaking pioneering activities linking youth, ICT and agriculture.
- Publications: an e-Agriculture Entrepreneurship guide was developed to support young entrepreneurs. Other key publications on youth in agriculture referencing ICT opportunities have been co-published with partners such as AGRA, Ashoka, FAO and IFAD.
- Website: http://ardyis.cta.int
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ardyis_cta (3300 followers)
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ardyis (5050 likes)
- Storify: https://storify.com/ARDYIS